White Water Safety & Rescue
White Water Safety & Rescue Training Course WWSRT
The White Water Safety & Rescue – WWSRT Training course is a 2-day course and is designed to provide paddlers with the key safety and rescue skills when on moving water across a range of crafts. It is designed to inform paddlers safe ways to operate and deal with common emergencies and rescues either of themselves and others in grade 2(3) white water. To book on the White Water Safety & Rescue Course (WWSRT) training you should be confident at paddling and swimming in grade two water. There is no age restriction for this course, but if you are a child you will need to be a strong paddler and confident swimmer. The course teaches you how to deal with rescues and common emergencies associated with white water paddling.
The cost of the WWSRT white water safety and rescue training course includes:
- The technical training & assessment
- Transport to and from the venues
- Use of boats and paddles
It does not include
- You will require all your own personal paddling & safety equipment.
- Personal registration or certification fees.
Craft of Choice
You can present for the White Water Safety & Rescue Training course in many different craft – normal options are as below:
- Sit on Top Kayak
- Closed Cockpit Kayak
Should you wish to utilise a different craft from the above please contact us prior to booking.
White Water Safety & Rescue Training Course Structure
On the WWSRT training course, you will use a range of simulated scenarios this training course teaches safe paddling strategies and a variety of different rescue skills and aims to:
- Improve individuals awareness of safety skills in the river environment
- Teach personal survival skills
- Teach throw & Live-bait rescue techniques
- Understand the need for structure in an emergency situation
- Outline basic rescue protocols that prioritise the safety of the individual above all others
- Introduce & develop the ‘clean rope’ principle with lots of associated ropework rescues
- River running equipment
- Core principles
- Simple knots, hitches & anchors
- Swimming in rapids
- Reach rescues
- Boat rescues
Not sure if this is the right course for you? Then look at our PSRC courses instead.
The cost of the WWSRT White Water Safety and Rescue Training course does not include accommodation. This may be available upon request.
Take a look at the British Canoeing webpage on the WWSRT syllabus to find out more information.
If you are interested in becoming an outdoor instructor, then why not take a look at our Outdoor Instructor Training Courses?