One Day Winter Skills Course (Private)
Winter Skills Training Courses in Scotland
Get Active on our winter skills training days & courses in Scotland – based in the Cairngorms national park near Aviemore. This course ensures you have the skills, knowledge & training to travel Scottish mountains safely in winter conditions.
On the training course, you will get to develop your winter skills and learn new techniques. Such as: navigation, use of crampons & ice axes, walking safely in the snow, snow-pack analysis, & avalanche awareness/evaluation. Moreover, the Winter Skills days will utilise the Cairngorms (the very heart of winter in Scotland) to teach you the fundamentals of hill walking in Winter conditions.
Our winter skills days and training courses are run from the Cairngorms Adventure Centre and use the Northern Corries and Cairngorm Plateau. Certainly one of Scotland’s finest, and most accessible high mountain areas. Thus maximising your learning time with minimal travel. But if conditions look better in other nearby hills we will head to where the conditions and weather look best to ensure you get the best day possible.
Get Skilled For Winter
- Winter navigational skills.
- Winter Crampon & ice axe skills .
- Safe mountain walking skills in Scottish winter conditions.
- Snow-pack analysis skills.
- Avalanche awareness/evaluation training.
- Scottish Winter weather evaluation skills.
- Two Day Scottish Winter Skills Courses – all of the above plus:
- Emergency Winter Shelters.
- Detailed snow-pack analysis.
- The Use of Transceivers.
- Basic Introduction to Winter Skills Rope Work.
On the Scotland Winter skills days & courses in Aviemore & the Cairngorms, you will cover the above skills which are crucial to be able to travel safely in the hills. Of course, the skills you will cover on the Winter skills training will depend on the length of your chosen course.
Winter Skills Course Timings & Information
- 08:15 meet at Cairngorms Adventure Centre for equipment issue an initial briefing.
- 09:00 Depart from Cairngorms Adventure Centre to head to the chosen venue (clients will follow the instructor in their own vehicles.
- Off the hill around 15:30
Video Of Scotland With It's Winter Coat of Snow
Other Winter Skills Course Durations
Two Day Scottish Winter Skills Courses
Our 2 day winter skills training courses in the Cairngorms, Aviemore & throughout Scotland are designed to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to travel safely in the high mountains in winter conditions. These essential skills will be learned and developed throughout your chosen course. The Winter Skills days will utilise the Cairngorms to teach you the fundamentals of hill walking in winter conditions.
Other products you may like?
Often people who like our winter skills products like other options like taking Fiacaill ridge, winter mountaineering or even winter climbing (should you have prior climbing experience). If any of these sound like they are of interest to you have a look above.