The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Active run a number of training, practice & qualifying Dofe open expeditions in Scotland for Silver DofE candidates throughout the year. We run open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school & youth groups. Our expeditions are on foot, bike, canoe and sea kayak.
|Training & Practice||Walking||Apr 6th - 9th|
|Training & Practice||Mountain Biking||Apr 6th - 9th|
|Training & Practice||Canoe||Apr 13th - 16th|
|Training & Practice||Sea Kayak||Apr 13th - 16th|
|Training & Practice||Canoe||Jul 13th - 16th|
|Training & Practice||Sea Kayak||Jul 13th - 16th|
|Training & Practice||Walking||Jul 20th - 23rd|
|Training & Practice||Mountain Biking||Jul 20th - 23rd|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Aug 3rd - 5th|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Aug 3rd - 5th|
|Qualifying||Walking||Aug 10th - 12th|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Aug 10th - 12th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Oct 12th - 14th|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Oct 12th - 14th|
|Qualifying||Walking||Oct 12th - 14th|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Oct 12th - 14th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Oct 19th - 21st|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Oct 19th - 21st|
|Qualifying||Walking||Oct 19th - 21st|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Oct 19th - 21st|
|Please note that you are expected to arrive at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre the night before your Dofe Silver expedition course starts. This overnight stay is included in the course price on a self-catered basis.|
|Mode||What is involved?||Cost|
|Training & Practice||Canoe, Sea Kayak, Foot or Bike||The expedition section involves planning and training for a 3 day expedition. We offer a 4 day course that includes 1 day of skills training. We will then spend 3 days and 2 nights on a practice expedition.||£289|
|Qualifying||Canoe, Sea Kayak, Foot or Bike||The 3 day & 2 night DofE silver qualifying expedition will be carried out using the same mode of transport as your training. Full supervision and assessment will be provided throughout the journey and a final report given in accordance with DofE guidelines.||£219|
- We can organise training, practice Journeys & qualifying DofE silver expeditions for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements.
- Additional skills training days in open canoe, sea kayak, mountain bike or navigation skills are available at a cost of £59 per day. Group discounts available (please ask).
- Qualifying expeditions should be booked no less than 4 weeks before your expedition start date. This is to allow time to process green forms.
- There should ideally be at least 2 weeks between your practice and qualifying.
- Candidates must have prior experience in their chosen mode of transport. Active can provide this training in canoes or sea kayaks if required.
- Pre-trip information and advice on routes, camp sites, access information, kit lists etc.
- Self Catering centre accommodation.
- Group equipment (see below).
- DofE accredited supervisors and assessors for the practice & qualifying expeditions.
- Additional skills training days prior to qualifying journeys (please ask).
We can provide the following group kit if required for your DofE open expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Expedition rucksacks or dry bags (dependent on mode of travel)
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids & helmets (dependent on mode of travel)
- Waterproofs and boots
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 Sleeping Bag: £35