The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Active run a number of training, practice and qualifier open expeditions in Scotland for Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE) candidates throughout the year. We run open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school and youth groups. Our expeditions are on foot, bike, canoe and sea kayak.
Tailor Made Silver Dofe Expeditions
- We can organise training, practice journeys and qualifier DofE expeditions in Scotland for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements.
- Additional skills training days in open canoe, sea kayak, mountain bike or navigation skills are available at a cost of £59 per day. Group discounts available (please ask).
- Qualifying expeditions should be booked no less than 4 weeks before your expedition start date. This is to allow time to process green forms.
- There should ideally be at least 2 weeks between your practice and qualifying.
- Candidates must have prior experience in their chosen mode of transport. Active can provide this training in canoes or sea kayaks if required.
- Please note that you are expected to arrive at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre the night before your DofE expedition course starts. This overnight stay is included in the course price on a self-catered basis.
What Do We Provide?
- Silver DofE Expedition training & qualifiers in Scotland
- Pre-silver DofE expedition trip information and advice on routes, camp sites anywhere in Scotland, access information, kit lists etc.
- Self catering centre accommodation.
- Group equipment (see below).
- DofE accredited supervisors and assessors for the practice and qualifying expeditions.
- Additional skills training days prior to qualifying journeys (please ask).
Equipment That we can Provide
We can provide the following group kit if required for your Silver DofE open expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Expedition rucksacks or dry bags (dependent on mode of travel)
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids & helmets (dependent on mode of travel)
- Waterproofs and boots
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 sleeping bag: £35
Detailed kit lists:
What Does It Cost?
- Training and practice Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE) expeditions in Scotland – this expedition involves three days and two nights on your chosen mode of transport (walk, sea kayak, bike or canoe. Costs £289.00
- Qualifying silver expeditions in Scotland – three days and two nights in your chosen mode of transport. Full supervision and assessment will be provided throughout the journey and a final report given in accordance with DofE guidelines.
- For those who wish to book the training, practice and qualifier if you contact us directly vis phone or email, we will offer a 10% discount on the overall cost. They must be booked at least two weeks apart.
|Training & Practice||Canoe||Aug 1st – 4th|
|Training & Practice||Sea Kayak||Aug 1st – 4th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Aug 6th – 9th|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Aug 6th – 9th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Oct 12th – 14th|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Oct 12th – 14th|
|Qualifying||Walking||Oct 12th – 14th|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Oct 12th – 14th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Oct 19th – 21st|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Oct 19th – 21st|
|Qualifying||Walking||Oct 19th – 21st|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Oct 19th – 21st|
Have a Look at all the Options below
Silver DofE Walking Training & Practice ExpeditionsFrom: £118.00 Read more