Active run a number of training, practice and qualifying expeditions for DofE Bronze in Scotland throughout the year. We run open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school and youth groups.
Bronze DofE Expeditions Information
- We can organise bronze level training, practice journeys and qualifying DofE bronze expeditions in Scotland or elsewhere for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements.
- Additional skills training days in open canoe, sea kayak, mountain bike or navigation skills are available at a cost of £59 per day. Group discounts available (please ask).
- Bronze Qualifying expeditions should be booked no less than 4 weeks before your expedition start date, to allow time to process green forms.
- There should ideally be at least 2 weeks between your practice and qualifying expedition.
- Candidates must have prior experience in their chosen mode of transport (Active can provide this training in canoes or sea kayaks if required).
What can we provide?
- Pre-trip information and advice on routes, camp sites, access information, kit lists etc.
- Self catering centre accommodation.
- Group equipment (see the next tab).
- DofE accredited supervisors and assessors for the practice and qualifying expeditions.
- Additional skills training days prior to qualifying DofE Bronze expedition journeys (please ask).
What Equipment do we provide for your Bronze DofE Expeditions?
We can provide the following group kit if required for your DofE expedition:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Expedition rucksacks or dry bags (dependent on mode of travel)
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids & helmets (dependent on mode of travel)
- Waterproofs and boots
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 Sleeping Bag: £35
What Does the Bronze DofE Expedition Cost?
- Training & practice courses consist of three days in your mode of choice (foot, bike, canoe or sea kayak). One day of training and two days of expedition with one night camping.
- Qualifying expeditions are Two days – one night in your mode of choice. Full supervision & assessment throughout the journey is provided and a final report given in accordance with DofE guidelines.
- For those who wish to book the training, practice and qualifier if you contact us directly by phone or email.