Rock Climbing & Abseiling
Challenge yourself by rock climbing and abseiling in Aviemore and the Cairngorms, Scotland on your holiday. These fun & adventurous climbing and abseiling sessions are located at several fine crags around the Aviemore and Cairngorms National Park, e.g. Kingussie Crag.
Intro to Rock Climbing & Abseiling in Aviemore
Challenge yourself by rock climbing and abseiling in Aviemore and the Cairngorms on your holiday to Scotland. These fun & adventurous climbing and abseiling sessions are located at several fine crags around the Aviemore and Cairngorms National Park. All safety equipment is supplied for the day by Active to provide everything from rock taster days to instructor qualification courses.
Our rock climbing and abseiling days in Aviemore & the Cairngorms are suitable for families and adults who are reasonably fit and agile, although we will climb on routes suitable to all abilities and select abseils to suit varying confidence levels. The trips are led by our fully trained instructors and all equipment is supplied. No prior experience is required for these days as coaching will be offered on the go. Your climbing skills will develop quickly.
A standard rock climbing & abseiling introduction would probably be based around Kingussie crag where we would choose routes appropriate to the individuals for climbing/abseiling on. There are stunning views out across the Glen looking towards Ruthven Barracks and the Cairngorms. If the weather looks good elsewhere then we would travel to a more suitable location.
Rock Climbing & Abseiling Information for your trip to Aviemore & the Cairngorms
- Learn to tie in to the rope
- Learn to safely belay another climber.
- Learn how to move on the rock.
- Learn about the equipment.
- Learn how to abseil safely.
What is included
- Transport to and from the crag between Newtonmore or Aviemore.
- Highly experienced and professional climbing instructor.
- Harness, helmet, ropes and technical equipment.
- Safety equipment like first aid kits.
- Photos from the course.
- A day tailored to you and your needs/wants.
What to bring
- Shoes to climb with – a sturdy pair of shoes will do or if you have your own rock climbing shoes they are perfect.
- Travel insurance (don’t bring it just make sure you have it).
- personal mediccation.
- Warm layers, waterproofs, hats, gloves.
- Lunch, water.
- suitable clothing Ideally flexible as this helps climbing.