Rock Climbing & Abseiling
Intro to Rock Climbing & Abseiling in Aviemore
Challenge yourself by rock climbing and abseiling in Aviemore and the Cairngorms on your holiday to Scotland. These fun & adventurous climbing and abseiling sessions are located at several fine crags around the Aviemore and Cairngorms National Park. All safety equipment is supplied for the day by Active to provide everything from rock taster days to instructor qualification courses.
Rock Climbing & Abseiling Information for your trip to Aviemore & the Cairngorms
- Learn to tie in to the rope
- Learn to safely belay another climber.
- Learn how to move on the rock.
- Learn about the equipment.
- Learn how to abseil safely.
What is included
- Transport to and from the crag between Newtonmore or Aviemore.
- Highly experienced and professional climbing instructor.
- Harness, helmet, ropes and technical equipment.
- Safety equipment like first aid kits.
- Photos from the course.
- A day tailored to you and your needs/wants.
What to bring
- Shoes to climb with – a sturdy pair of shoes will do or if you have your own rock climbing shoes they are perfect.
- Travel insurance (don’t bring it just make sure you have it).
- personal mediccation.
- Warm layers, waterproofs, hats, gloves.
- Lunch, water.
- suitable clothing Ideally flexible as this helps climbing.