DofE Gold Expeditions In Scotland
Active are a provider for a number of training, practice and qualifying DofE Gold Expeditions in Scotland throughout the year. We have open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school and youth groups. Our expeditions are on foot, bike, canoe and sea kayak.
Please note that you are expected to arrive at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre the night before your course starts. This overnight stay is included and includes self-catering facilities.
- We are happy to provide and organise Gold DofE training, practice journeys and qualifying expeditions in Scotland for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements.
- Additional skills training days in open canoe, sea kayak, mountain bike or navigation skills are available at a cost of £59 per day. Group discounts available (please ask).
- Qualifying expeditions should be booked no less than 4 weeks before your expedition start date, to allow time to process green forms.
- There should be at least 2 weeks between your practice and qualifying expedition.
- Candidates must have prior experience in their chosen mode of transport (Active can provide this training in canoes or sea kayaks if required).
What Do We Provide?
- Pre-gold DofE Expedition trip information and advice on routes, camp sites anywhere in Scotland, access information, kit lists etc.
- Self catering centre accommodation.
- Group equipment (see below).
- We are an Approved DofE provider with accredited supervisors and assessors for the practice and qualifying expeditions.
- Additional skills training days prior to qualifying journeys (please ask).
We can provide the following group kit if required for your Gold DofE expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Expedition rucksacks or dry bags (dependent on mode of travel)
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids & helmets (dependent on mode of travel)
- Waterproofs and boots
Detailed kit lists:
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 sleeping bag: £35
What Does It Cost?
- Training and practice in Scotland – in your chosen mode of travel – This is a 4 day and 4 night package. Two nights will be camping with two nights Self Catered at Cairngorms Adventure Centre. We provide 1 day of skills training & preparation followed by a 3 day practice expedition. Cost £289.00
- Qualifying expedition This is a 4 day and 4 night Gold Dofe qualifying expedition package in Scotland. Three nights will be spent camping on the expedition with your arrival night at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre. Expeditions take place in the Cairngorms National Park and throughout Scotland. Cost £289.00
- For those who wish to book the training, practice and qualifier if you contact us directly vis phone or email, we will offer a 10% discount on the overall cost. They must be booked at least two weeks apart.
|Training & Practice||Canoe||Aug 1st – 4th|
|Training & Practice||Sea Kayak||Aug 1st – 4th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Aug 6th – 9th|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Aug 6th – 9th|
|Training & Practice||Walking||Aug 29th – 1st|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Oct 12th – 15th|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Oct 12th – 15th|
|Qualifying||Walking||Oct 12th – 15th|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Oct 12th – 15th|
|Qualifying||Canoe||Oct 19th – 22nd|
|Qualifying||Sea Kayak||Oct 19th – 22nd|
|Qualifying||Walking||Oct 19th – 22nd|
|Qualifying||Mountain Biking||Oct 19th – 22nd|