Gold DofE Sea Kayaking Training & Practice Expeditions
Gold DofE open expeditions sea kayaking – we run multiple trips every year. This consists of one days training followed by three days and two nights of a practice expedition run by our fully qualified coaches, instructors and DofE supervisors/assessors.
Gold DofE Sea Kayaking Training & Practice
Gold DofE Sea Kayaking Training & Practice expeditions in Scotland. Active run a number of training, practice and qualifying DofE open expeditions in Scotland for Gold DofE candidates throughout the year. We run open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school and youth groups. Active Outdoor Pursuits have over 20 years experience and a proven track record facilitating and supporting groups and individuals achieve The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. Our aim as an Approved Activity Provider is to deliver quality, exciting and adventurous expedition training, supervision and assessments throughout Scotland
2022 Gold DofE Open Sea Kayak Training & Practice Expedition Dates:
- July 23rd - 26th 2022.
- August 13th - 16th 2022.
- August 27th - 30th 2022.
- October 15th - 18th 2022.
We can organise Gold DofE Sea Kayaking training, practice expeditions and qualifying expeditions for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements. So if you don't see dates on the calendar which work for you, and you have a group of 4 or more, please drop us an email () or call us on 01540 210 000.
- Candidates should have appropriate training in a sea kayak.
- We can provide additional sea kayak skills training days.
- Active can also provide Gold DofE sea kayak qualifying expeditions, these are available to book on our website.
- Participants should arrive at Cairngorms Adventure Centre by 11:00 on the first day of the expedition.
We can provide the following group kit if required for your gold DofE open sea kayaking training & practice expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Expedition dry bags
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids, paddles & helmets
- Sea kayaks - obviously
- Waterproofs and boots
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 sleeping bag: £35