Accommodation in Newtonmore
If you are looking for a place to stay, then look no further, our Cairngorms Adventure centre hostel provides accommodation in Newtonmore just 16 miles from Aviemore in the magnificent Cairngorms National Park? Our hostel provides accommodation in the perfect year round location for all outdoor activities including mountain, water and snow sports. An abundance of low and high level walks and cycle routes are within walking distance. Love wildlife and nature? Being surrounded by nature walks, forest trails & river side paths you are spoilt for choice of places to explore.
The comfortable Lodge accommodates up to 77 people and can be split into 2 sections each with their own accommodation in the hostel, lounges and kitchens. It is the perfect place for all types of groups to get together.
The Lodge is commonly used for family gatherings, climbing or canoe club meets as well as a wide range of educational visits. We’ve even hosted weddings!
Activities to do During your Stay
Within 30 minutes of the accommodation you can access around 50 Munros in the Aviemore area, three of which you can walk to from our doorstep! We have some of Scotland’s finest rivers for canoeing, kayaking and white water rafting including the Rivers Spey & Findhorn. In addition to this, we are only 30 minutes drive from Cairngorm Mountain ski area and 45mins from the Nevis Range. If you are into mountain biking then there are hundreds of trails to explore!
We can also provide equipment rental for most outdoor sports including snowsports, winter skills, canoes, mountain bikes and kayaks. Instruction or guiding is available if required. Many of our guest book onto some of our activities while they stay, over the summer months, White Water Rafting and Canyoning are the most popular. And over the winter Months, Skiing and Snowboarding take the spot.
Facilities in our hostel accommodation:
- 77 beds in 12 dorm style Bedrooms
- Free wifi in every room
- Well stocked self catering kitchens or full board options for larger groups
- 5 Family rooms
- Efficient drying rooms
- Gardens with BBQ & picnic area
- Washing & Drying Facility
- Shared bathroom facilities.
- 2 Lounges
- Dining Rooms
Things to do in Newtonmore!
Alongside the adventurous activities we offer Newtonmore has a many other visitor attractions and things to do!
- Highland Folk Museum: At the Highland Folk Museum visitors experience a flavour of how Highland people lived and worked from the 1700s up until the 1960s. The museum village was a film location in the first series of Outlander. Open daily, but has seasonal restrictions.
- Shinty: Newtonmore are currently the top team in Scotland. Don't miss the opportunity to take in a home match at the Eileen.
- Wild Cat Nature Trail: Explore Newtonmore with a 10km waymarked path encircling the village. Pick up a challenge map and see how many wild cats you can spot!.
- Clan Macpherson Museum: Uncover the history to the Macpherson Clan. Open daily, but may have seasonal restrictions.
- From Our accommodation in Newtonmore, you can drive or cycle to Aviemore, where you can head up to Cairngorm Mountain for some summer or winter sports. Alternatively Rotheimurchus Forest provides some excellent family venues for walking and mountain biking.
Badenoch Angling Association; Fishing Permits
The River Spey is one of the most popular rivers for people to fish. The Association controls fishing on the River Spey from the mouth of the River Tromie to the Spey Dam at Laggan. If you wish during your stay to get a permit please head to the Badenoch Angling Association official website.
|Self Catering £19 per night||£19 per night|
|Bed and Breakfast||£25 per night|
|Half Board||£35 per night|
|Full Board||£38 per night|
|Family Room||£19 adults £10 u-16s per night|
|Private Room Rate||£59 per night|
|Whole Centre (S/C)||£1,050 per night|
|Half Centre (S/C) (up to 35 guests)||£525 per night|
|Stag & Hen Groups (1 Night & 1 Activity)||£78 per person|
|Day Use of Lodge||£5 per person|