Fiacaill Ridge Scramble
Fiacaill Ridge Scramble on Cairngorm
Challenge yourself on a mountain scramble day on and up Cairngorm via the Fiacaill ridge in the National Park and beyond. These are some of the most exhilarating activity days that we run. Mountain Scrambling involves climbing steep and exposed mountain ridges like Fiacaill ridge with the minimum of protection. A good head for heights is essential!
Equally essential is the ability to move confidently on exposed but technically straight-forward terrain. Our guides know the best routes to the summits and have substantial knowledge of the area’s history, geology and wildlife.
Active can provide you with all the equipment required, however in Summer we would recommend that people bring their own walking boots, suitable for the high mountains. In Winter we will Supply B2 boots if you do not have your own.
The Minimum age for a Fiacaill Ridge Scramble day is Age 11+
What to Bring
- Boots – we can supply these if you don’t have your own.
- Drinks bottle & lunch.
- Warm Clothes
- Sunglasses, hat, suncream
- Midge Repellent
- Any medication
What we supply:
- Transport from/to Newtonmore or Aviemore.
- All Technical Equipment including ropes, harnesses, helmets and climbing gear as appropriate – i.e. Winter conditions will require B2 boots, crampons and walking axes .
- Fully qualified instructors.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff who are dedicated to making the most of your day. We are not set to time constraints on our days – it is about the clients experience! A standard guided scramble of Fiacaill Ridge takes around 5-6 hours but if it takes longer due to conditions or personal reasons (so long as it can be achieved safely) then that’s not a problem.
Note – By their very nature journeys in remote or mountainous country can be affected by weather and other environmental factors. Your guide/s may have to alter the itinerary of the Fiacaill Ridge Scramble to ensure group safety.
If you are wanting to do this in winter, then we recommend booking onto a Winter Skills Training Course prior.
Take a look at our Facebook to see what we have been up to recently.
For this activity we aim to meet at Tiso in Aviemore at 09:30