Gold DofE Canoe Qualifier Expeditions
Gold DofE open Qualifier expeditions canoeing – we run multiple trips every year. This consists of four days and three nights of a qualifier expedition run by our fully qualified coaches, instructors and DofE supervisors/assessors.
Gold DofE open Canoeing Qualifier Expeditions
Gold DofE open canoeing qualifier expeditions in Scotland. Active run a number of training, practice and qualifying DofE open expeditions in Scotland for Gold DofE candidates throughout the year. We run open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school and youth groups. Active Outdoor Pursuits have over 20 years experience and a proven track record facilitating and supporting groups and individuals achieve The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. Our aim as an Approved Activity Provider is to deliver quality, exciting and adventurous expedition training, supervision and assessments throughout Scotland.
The next gold DofE open canoeing qualifier expeditions we have are on:
- July 15th - 18th 2021.
- July 28th - 31st 2021.
- August 7th - 10th 2021.
- October 25th - 28th 2021.
We can organise training, practice journeys and qualifying DofE gold expeditions canoeing for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements. So if you don't see ones on the calendar which work for you drop us an email or a ring.
- Additional skills training days in canoe, are available at a cost of £59 per day. Group discounts available (please ask).
- Qualifying expeditions should be booked no less than 4 weeks before your expedition start date. This is to allow time to process green forms.
- Candidates should have prior experience in their chosen mode of transport. Active can provide this training in canoes if required.
- Please note that you are expected to arrive at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre the night before your DofE gold canoeing expedition course starts. This overnight stay is included in the course price on a self-catered basis.
We can provide the following group kit if required for your gold DofE open canoeing qualifier expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Dry bags or barrels
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids, paddles & helmets,
- Canoes - obviously
- Waterproofs and boots
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 sleeping bag: £35