Gold DofE Mountain Biking Qualifier Expeditions
Our Gold DofE open qualifying expeditions for mountain biking are available to book for groups of 4 or more. This consists of four days and three nights of a qualifying expedition run by our fully qualified coaches, instructors and DofE supervisors/assessors
Gold DofE Mountain Biking Qualifier
Gold DofE mountain biking qualifier expeditions in Scotland. Active Outdoor Pursuits run training, practice and qualifying DofE expeditions in Scotland for Gold DofE candidates throughout the year. These are available to book for groups of 4 or more. Active Outdoor Pursuits have over 20 years experience and a proven track record facilitating and supporting groups and individuals achieve The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. Our aim as an Approved Activity Provider is to deliver quality, exciting and adventurous expedition training, supervision and assessments throughout Scotland.
We can organise Gold DofE mountain biking training, practice expeditions and qualifying expeditions for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements. Please drop us an email () or call us on 01540 210 000 to discuss options.
- Candidates should have appropriate training on a mountain bike, and they must also have completed a practice expedition (also by mountain bike).
- Candidates must have their own fit for purpose mountain bikes and fitted panniers.
- We can provide additional mountain bike skills training days.
- Active can also provide Gold DofE mountain bike practice expeditions for groups of 4 or more, please contact us to discuss options.
- Participants should arrive at Cairngorms Adventure Centre by 10:00 on the first day of the expedition.
Participants must have their own fit for purpose mountain bike and fitted panniers. They should also have their own helmet, eye protection and appropriate footwear.
We can provide the following group kit if required for your gold DofE open mountain biking qualifying expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Waterproofs (we recommend you have your own)
Mountain Bike the Great Glen Way
Cairngorm Circumnavigation by Mountain Bike
A mountain bike is the ideal way for getting around the National Park with its superb network of paths. This fine mountain bike dofe gold qualifier route circumnavigates the majestic Cairngorms National Park. Bike through magnificent glens between peaks of over 4,000 feet with a good chance of spotting red deer & golden eagles.
If either of these options sound like something you would like then let us know and we can tailor them to your groups needs and routes.