Learn to Lead Climb
Learn to Lead Climbing courses in Aviemore
Learning to lead climb in the Aviemore area as a progression for your personal climbing opens up a world of exploring new routes and venues to climb at.
Lead climbing involves placing your own protection whilst ascending a route, setting up anchors and bringing up your second climber.
We offer private day tuition for those wanting to learn to lead climb on a 1:2 ratio.
Lead climbing in Aviemore & the Cairngorms is available for private tuition, ideally you want to book on with a climbing partner to get the most out of your day. Please bring your own climbing shoes and harness for the lead climbing sessions. Active provide all ropes & hardware for the sessions but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you wish.
Grade and Experience
For lead climbing we ask you to have your own climbing shoes & harness. Some indoor/outdoor climbing experience is required and/or attended Actives; Intro to Rock Climb & Abseil sessions.
- Learn how to build an anchor.
- Learn how to safely place gear well.
- learn how to belay on lead and second.
- learn how to choose an appropriate route.
- Learn about the equipment.
- Learn how to move on the rock more efficiently.
What is included
- Transport to and from the crag between Newtonmore or Aviemore.
- Highly experienced and professional climbing instructor.
- Harness, helmet, ropes and technical equipment. You are welcome to bring your own harness and helmet if you have them.
- Safety equipment like first aid kits.
- Photos from the course.
- A day tailored to you and your needs/wants.
What to Bring
- Shoes to climb with – a sturdy pair of shoes will do or if you have your own rock climbing shoes they are perfect.
- Travel insurance (don’t bring it just make sure you have it).
- personal mediccation.
- Warm layers, waterproofs, hats, gloves.
- Lunch, water.
- suitable clothing Ideally flexible as this helps climbing.