Silver DofE Canoe Training & Practice Expeditions
Silver DofE open expeditions canoeing – we run multiple trips every year. This consists of one training day followed by two days and two nights of a practice expedition run by our fully qualified coaches, instructors and DofE supervisors/assessors.
Silver DofE open Canoeing Training & Practice
Silver DofE open Canoeing Training & Practice expeditions in Scotland. Active run a number of training, practice and qualifying DofE open expeditions in Scotland for Silver DofE candidates throughout the year. We run open dates for individuals and bespoke packages for school and youth groups. Active Outdoor Pursuits have over 20 years experience and a proven track record facilitating and supporting groups and individuals achieve The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. Our aim as an Approved Activity Provider is to deliver quality, exciting and adventurous expedition training, supervision and assessments throughout Scotland.
The next silver DofE canoeing training & practice expeditions we have running are:
July 2nd - 4th 2021.
July 24th - 26th 2021.
October 11th - 13th 2021.
We can organise training, practice journeys and qualifying DofE silver expeditions canoeing for groups of 4 or more on dates that suit your requirements. So if you don't see ones on the calendar which work for you drop us an email or a ring.
- Additional skills training days in canoe, are available at a cost of £59 per day. Group discounts available (please ask).
- Qualifying expeditions should be booked no less than 4 weeks before your expedition start date. This is to allow time to process green forms.
- Candidates should have prior experience in their chosen mode of transport. Active can provide this training in canoes if required.
- Please note that you are expected to arrive at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre the night before your DofE Silver canoeing expedition course starts. This overnight stay is included in the course price on a self-catered basis.
We can provide the following group kit if required for your silver DofE open canoeing training & practice expeditions in Scotland:
- Inflatable camping mats
- Stoves, cutlery and crockery
- Dry bags or barrels
- Group first aid kits
- Maps & compasses
- Technical & safety kit such as buoyancy aids, paddles & helmets,
- Canoes - obviously
- Waterproofs and boots
- Expedition meals from £16 per day; breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Vango Stratos 350 sleeping bag: £35