Terms and Conditions of Hire
These are designed to ensure safety, clarity, fairness to all parties and to ensure your experience from initial enquiry till your return home after your venture is the very best we can provide.
1. Booking & payments system – Please complete and return booking form with a 25% deposit. We reserve the right to refuse a booking or to make changes to advertised prices until the point of confirmation of your venture. If this occurs we will notify you and if you are not satisfied with this all monies paid will be returned. Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to commencement of your venture. Bookings made within 6 weeks will require full payment on booking. The price of your rental can be varied due to government action, such as charges in VAT or any other government imposed changes/ currency changes. If you do not pay your balance within the above time scales you may incur further charges in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. Payments can be made by cheque, postal order, bank transfer, Euro cheque, Sterling Bank draft. If the deposit is paid by credit/debit card, the balance will be automatically debited from your card on the due date.
2. Cancellation / Changes by you
Should you wish to change details of your booking after we have confirmed details we will do our best to help accommodate you. There will be a fixed admin fee of £30 if the change reduces the overall cost. If the change increases the value of the package i.e. further payment is due, then the admin fee will be waivered. Should you wish to cancel your booking or make a significant change which greatly reduces the package you have booked the following cancellation schedule will be used to ascertain any outstanding fees.
· More than 14 weeks prior to the start date – Loss of deposit only
· Between 10 & 14 weeks prior to the start date – 35% of the total cost + Deposit
· Between 6 & 10 weeks prior to the start date – 60% of the total cost + Deposit
· Within 6 weeks of start date or during the event – Full payment is due
3. Cancellation / Changes by us
a) Should we make changes or cancellation due to Actives inability to provide the equipment we will inform you as soon as possible with suggested alternatives. Should these not be satisfactory or suitable for you we will refund all monies within 14 days.
c) If, due to Force Majeure we are unable to fulfil our contract with you, you will not be due compensation. This relates to extremely unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control which generally affect us all. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, extreme weather conditions which make normal operations impossible to continue or dangerous.
4. Insurance – We highly recommend that you or the group represented arrange adequate insurance cover for equipment rented. Failure to have insurance does mean that the hirer will be fully responsible for the replacement of the equipment on a new for old basis.
5. Liability – In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us or our employees, you will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to our equipment as well as any damage caused to your own vehicles, their contents fittings or accessories while transporting the equipment. The person or organisation the equipment is booked on behalf shall be the person or organisation responsible for paying for loss, damage or repair. This does not exempt other individuals within a group from having equal financial responsibility for the payment in full for the total amount of damage.
6. Health and Safety – It is your responsibility when hiring equipment to ensure that you and members of your group are skilled, fit and healthy enough to cope with your planned activity or Journey. You should also ensure that your group have the appropriate clothing (PPE) and safety equipment to deal with the extreme conditions often encountered in wild country.
7. Hire of equipment – When hiring any equipment from Active you are making a personal judgement that you have the necessary skills and experience to use and transport this equipment safely in the environment that you chose to use it. Active is not liable for any personal injury or incident that may occur due to your choices whilst the hire equipment is with you. You are liable for any damage, loss or theft of the equipment while it is hired in your keeping.
b) It will be at the sole discretion of Active to determine the extent of damage and to determine whether equipment should or can be repaired to its original state. Active will be the only responsible party to determine the cost of repair or replacement.
c) Charges will be made for any costs incurred by Active for the recovery of any equipment not returned.
d) Payment for loss, damage or recovery will be paid for in full on return.
8. Service and feedback- We want you to enjoy your experience in the outdoors to its fullest, if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided by Active please inform us as soon as possible and we will take appropriate action.