Touring Skis, Boots, Poles, Skins & Ski Crampons
- A huge range of equipment
- Serviced regularly and well looked after
- Door to door delivery
- Over 20 years experience in the industry
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- We cater for individuals, families and groups – you name it we can do it!
- Save on baggage fees having to fly equipment with you if you are visiting the area – keeping hassle to a minimum
- In the weekends and February half term most places sell out quick. But we have enough kit to cope with even the busiest periods.
- Our experienced ski technicians ensure that your equipment is set up correctly and safely
Ski Touring Rental
Ski touring rental in Aviemore and the Cairngorms. We even drop the rental right to your door for no extra charge! Spending this winter on the hills? Look no further for your ski touring & mountaineering hire in Aviemore and Scotland. Active Outdoor Pursuits rent ski touring skis, boots, poles, helmets and of course snowboards and skis for piste usage.
We deliver the ski touring & mountaineering rental to your home or accommodation* in the Aviemore and Cairngorms area so you don’t have to travel to collect the equipment. Should you prefer to collect it you can do so from the Cairngorms Adventure Centre.
We also offer accommodation at our centre in Newtonmore which is perfectly located to head into the Monadhliath, Cairngorms or drive over to the Nevis range for your ski touring options.
If you are interested, we also offer ski touring lessons and courses instead of hire – these take place in the Aviemore area as well as other parts of Scotland depending on the conditions.
If you are uncertain about your exact shoe size we advise that you go up a half size as boot volume can be easily reduced.
Ski Length Guide
|Weight KG ►|
Height CM ▼
Skier Type Guide
The skier type guide helps us to ensure we set up your equipment correctly and safely for your day on the slopes. If you never or have very little ski/ board experience you will be a Type 1.
|Type I||Type II|
|Skis cautiously and prefers skiing at slower speeds. Happy on easy or moderate, Green or Blue slopes. Novice/cautious skiing at lighter release/retention settings. Entry level skiers uncertain of their classification.||Skiing more confidently at faster speeds. Preferring mixed terrain and steeper gradients, typically Blue or Red slopes. Average/moderate skiing at average release/retention settings.|