Raft Guide Training Course
This 6 day basic raft guide training course is run in conjunction with the Scottish Canoe Association. The course provides you with the fundamental skills to rafting by introducing and developing your techniques that are required to safely guide rafts on rivers.
Raft Guide Training Course
The 6 day basic raft guide training course is run in conjunction with the Scottish Canoe Association. The course provides you with the fundamental skills to rafting by introducing and developing your techniques that are required to safely guide rafts on rivers.
White Water Rafting is one of the most fun and popular river experiences in Scotland. Learn to guide a raft down rivers safely, look after your crew and have a good time.
Check out the photos below to see the sort of thing you will be doing, and the two videos at the bottom to see one of a raft guide training course, and one from our standard rafting trips that we send out all the time (this gives you an idea of the sort of things you can raft with the appropriate experience).
The cost of the course includes:
- The technical training & assessment for level 2
- Transport to and from the venues
- Specific equipment like rafts, pumps & paddles.
It does not include
- Accommodation – unless opted for
- You will require all your own personal paddling & safety equipment.
- Personal registration & certification fees.
The Raft Guide Training Course Content:
- Part A – Personal Paddling Skills
- Part B – Rescue Skills
- Part C – Safety, Leadership & Group Skills
- Part D – Theory
The training will be delivered in grade 2/3 water as deemed appropriate by conditions and the providers. The assessment at the end of the course will be on grade two water.
Brief outline of the days of on the Raft Guide Training & Assessment Course:
- Introduction to the course and the Syllabus – go out for a rafting day on the river looking at river reading and personal skills.
- Back to the river, combined with rescues using throwbags, swimming in aggressive and defensive and raft flips.
- River day and ropework rescues of traps boats and people.
- All about leadership and personal paddling.
- Mop up any skills needed and practice anything required
- Assessment day this is a full on day combining all four parts of the course content.
Raft Guide Training Course 2020
You must bring your own equipment; drysuits/wetsuit, BA, helmet and all safety kit required.
Please get in touch for further info or future course dates by clicking here
If you are interested in becoming an outdoor instructor, then why not take a look at our Outdoor Instructor Training Course?