FAQs Instructor Training Programme

Outdoor Instructor Training Programme;

Interested in the Outdoor Instructor Training Course? Have a few questions that need answering? Below are some commonly asked questions from our previous candidates.

How easy is it to get a job in the outdoors on completion of the course?

Our course has a very high employment record with candidates going on to get jobs in the industry as multi activity instructors.  We also run an instructor development programme that allows further training and the next level of NGB qualifications to be obtained.

Do I need to have all my own equipment before I start the course?

It is advisory to have your own personal equipment for the course.  You receive a discount in our equipment shop throughout the duration of the course. You are not required to have your own bike, boat, ropes, climbing racks, snowsports equipment or crampons/ice axes.

Why choose Active Outdoor Pursuits for your Instructor Training Course?

Quite simply, you will be training for the best job in the world in the best outdoor activity location in the UK.  No other Instructor Training Course delivers the outcomes that we do.

Does the accommodation have to be on site?

The cost of the course includes on-site accommodation.  We highly recommend for your development to live on site with the other candidates on the course and our senior members of staff.  In addition it allows you to fully embrace the Outdoor Industry working environment.

Will I need my own car?

It is not essential to have your own car, however having access to a car will allow you on days off to travel to areas to hike, bike, climb and paddle.

How much is the deposit and when is it due by?

A 25% of the course fee is required for a deposit on returning the booking form.  The balance is due 8 weeks prior to the course start date.

Are there any additional costs?

Yes. Details for the additional costs to the course are found in the course information pack.

Do I need a Visa for the winter course?

No. You do require to hold an Esta. You can apply for this direct at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ and is in addition to your passport.

If there is anything you are still unsure about please give us a call or drop an email enquiry

DofE Residential logo
Scroll to Top