Sunrise Summit of Cairngorm
This sunrise walk or tour to the summit of Cairngorm is one of the finest way to ascent the mountain. From the top of Cairngorm you often get stunning views, cloud inversions and a truly beautiful sunrise (weather permitting). 2 Kids can go half price per adult.
Sunrise Summit of Cairngorm - Walking or Ski Touring
What better way to ascend Cairngorm other than to do it in the early hours of the morning & gain a sunrise from the summit (weather permitting). If you wanted to knacker the kids out or just see the sunrise for yourself then we are happy to help provide a truly memorable day. Due to the weather being a factor in this, we highly recommend contacting us and discussing this activity prior to booking anything online. It is for this reason we do not offer many online bookable dates for this. We can do this on most days of the year even at short notice, but it is worth having good weather which we cannot guarantee without first discussing your booking with us!
We can offer this on a private day rate or a group rate depending on the number of people who are wanting to do this. All our Instructors love a good coffee so if you wish we will visit the cafe afterwards where we can grab a coffee or bacon roll and wake up a little!
If you are undertaking this Cairngorm Sunrise Summit in winter and have not use ski touring kit or crampons before then we recommend (not essential) first booking onto a winter skills one day course or a ski touring one day course.
What to Bring
- Boots – we can supply these if you don’t have your own.
- Drinks bottle & lunch.
- Warm Clothes
- Sunglasses, hat, suncream
- Midge Repellent
- Any medication
What we supply for your Cairngorm Sunrise Summit:
- Transport from/to Newtonmore or Fort William.
- All Technical Equipment – i.e. Winter conditions will require B2 boots, crampons, walking axes and helmets. Or if touring skis, skins, crampons and ski boots + poles.
- Fully qualified instructors.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff who are dedicated to making the most of your day. We are not set to time constraints on our days – it is about the clients experience! A standard sunrise summit of Cairngorm takes around five (round trip) hours but if it takes longer due to conditions or personal reasons (so long as it can be achieved safely) then that’s not a problem.
Note – By their very nature journeys in remote or mountainous country can be affected by weather and other environmental factors. Your guide/s may have to alter the itinerary to ensure group safety.
Take a look at our Facebook to see what we have been up to recently.