These scrambling courses last four days and are designed to develop you into proficient scramblers. It is likely that we will utilise the Cairngorms, Ben Nevis and possibly Glencoe for these courses.
These scrambling courses run for four days. On them you will learn how to manage the rope and safeguard yourself and your friends/family on tricky sections. It is likely that we will utilise the Cairngorms and Ben Neivs or Glencoe to run these courses due to their fantastic scrambling. Depending on prior experience the instructor will adapt the course to what scrambling is appropriate.
It is likely that on the four days you will start with the basics and be guided up a simple ridgeline where you can watch, learn and ask any questions while the instructor explains everything in depth. From that the course will adapt as appropriate, it may be that you are scrambling and guiding up a friend while the instructor is teaching you, or it might be that you want to tackle some longer more mountainous route in which case the instructor may take over.
They are totally adaptable. For this reason we do not offer many dates to book these online and recommend you contact us directly where we can tailor the course to your needs and experience.
What to Bring
- Boots – we can supply these if you don’t have your own.
- Drinks bottle & lunch.
- Warm Clothes
- Sunglasses, hat, suncream
- Midge Repellent
- Any medication
What we supply:
- Transport from/to Newtonmore or Aviemore.
- All Technical Equipment – i.e. harness, ropes, climing gear & helmets.
- Fully qualified instructors.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff who are dedicated to making the most of your day. We are not set to time constraints on our days – it is about the clients experience! A standard scrambling day takes around 6 but if it takes longer depending on the routes or due to conditions/personal reasons (so long as it can be achieved safely) then that’s not a problem.
Note – By their very nature journeys in remote or mountainous country can be affected by weather and other environmental factors. Your guide/s may have to alter the itinerary to ensure group safety.
Take a look at our Facebook to see what we have been up to recently.