Grey Corries Circuit
A guided walk of the Grey Corries circuit loop – starting at and finishing in Spen bridge – this is a full on day and will take around ten or so hours to complete so a good level of fitness is essential. 2 Kids can go half price per adult.
A guided walk of the Grey Corries Circuit
The guided walk of the Grey Corries circuit takes in at least three munros and is an absolute classic walk in the area. It is situated just east of the Aonach Ski Centre and the Nevis Range. The mountains gain their name from all the quartzite skree which is scattered across the landscape. The route we will take is an East to Westerly direction and will cover many different types of ground – some will be rocky, ridgy, grassy and possibly narrow in places.
For those who wish to undertake this day in Winter conditions we highly recommend booking onto a winter skills training course first.
What to Bring
- Boots – we can supply these if you don’t have your own.
- Drinks bottle & lunch.
- Warm Clothes
- Sunglasses, hat, suncream
- Midge Repellent
- Any medication
What we supply:
- Transport from/to Newtonmore or Aviemore.
- All Technical Equipment – i.e. Winter conditions will require B2 boots, crampons, walking axes and helmets.
- Fully qualified instructors holding a minimum winter or summer mountain leader certification.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff who are dedicated to making the most of your day. We are not set to time constraints on our days – it is about the clients experience! A standard guided ascent of the Grey Corries takes between 9-10 hours but if it takes longer due to conditions or personal reasons (so long as it can be achieved safely) then that’s not a problem.
Note – By their very nature journeys in remote or mountainous country can be affected by weather and other environmental factors. Your guide/s may have to alter the itinerary to ensure group safety.
Take a look at our Facebook to see what we have been up to recently.