Family Activity Holidays
Enjoy a day, weekend or week multi activity holiday break in Aviemore & the Cairngorms National Park at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre. Enjoy its relaxed atmosphere. You can self cater or sample our delicious hassle-free full board package.
Family Activities & Holidays in Aviemore, the Cairngorms & Scotland
If you’re considering visiting Aviemore & the Cairngorms National Park (the very heart and centre of Scotland), for your family holiday then make sure you join Active for a day of adventure or one of our action-packed, fun-filled multi-activity holidays. It is the best way to really get to see and experience the best the park has to offer. We aim to make this the family holiday of a lifetime.
Great Adventures for all the Family
Exhilarating.. Fun.. Unforgettable.. Challenging.. Rewarding..
Choose either a short weekend break or come for up to a week, our adventure family holidays give you the perfect opportunity to sample a variety of activities including white water rafting, rock climbing, abseiling, canoeing, kayaking, gorge scrambling and mountain walking – all in the Aviemore & Cairngorms area. Our winter breaks include skiing and snowboarding for all abilities.
Our expert instructors will be supporting and encouraging you all the way as your skills develop. This may be the perfect way to discover a hidden talent and give you the perfect excuse to return on a skills development course next year.
No prior experience is necessary, just a reasonable level of fitness as well as a sense of fun and adventure! The aim of our staff is to ensure that you and the kids have an unforgettable experience.
- It is suitable for ages 6 and upwards with no previous experience necessary and all ability levels.
- You will need to bring with you: boots & old trainers, towel, spare clothes, waterproofs, packed lunch, toiletries
What is Included?
- Daily Instruction / Guiding
- Acommodation is included in the cost – you will stay at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre in Newtonmore in self catering accommodation.
- All technical equipment*
- Transport to activity venues
- Activity Guarantee
- If booking with a group of 5 or more for your adventure holiday in Scotland, you have the flexibility to choose your own activity programme and dates.
For Winter family activity holidays/breaks Please click the link to take you to our snowsports holidays in Aviemore & the Cairngorms page; if you are elsewhere in Scotland then please drop us a ring or email and we can tailor a package for you.
Ultimate Adventure Multi Activity Holidays in Scotland
For the ultimate experience, join us for a week of adventure at Cairngorms Adventure Centre.
Enjoy 5 days of great fun packed adventures for those who want to do it all. Multi Activity Holidays & breaks in Scotland are an ideal choice. A wide choice of activities from our programme is on offer including white water rafting, canoeing, climbing & abseiling, canyoning and gorge scrambling. In winter you can have a go at skiing or snowboarding*. You’ll always be in safe hands with our highly experienced instructors looking after you. We supply all the necessary equipment so all you need to bring is your sense of adventure.
A Typical Programme
- Arrive Sunday 6pm onward at Cairngorms Adventure Centre, settle in meet others and have a sociable evening over tea and coffee or a pay a visit to one of the local pubs.
- Monday; Canoeing & Kayaking on Loch Insh
- Tuesday; Gorge Scrambling or Canyoning
- Wednesday; White water rafting on the River Findhorn or Spey
- Thursday; Stand up paddle boarding.
- Friday: Rock Climbing and Abseiling at Kingussie Crag.
Multi Activity Holiday Weekend of Adventure in Aviemore
Enjoy a weekend multi activity holiday or break in Aviemore & the Cairngorms National Park at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre.
A multi activity family holiday weekend in Aviemore & the Cairngorms will wet your adventure taste buds and take your mind away from the mundane or stressful aspects of life. A wide choice of activities from our programme is on offer including white water rafting, canoeing, climbing & abseiling, canyoning and gorge scrambling. In winter you can have a go at skiing or snowboarding*. You’ll always be in safe hands with our highly experienced instructors looking after you. We supply all the necessary equipment so all you need to bring is your sense of adventure.
A typical Programme
- Arrive Sunday 6pm onward at the Cairngorms Adventure Centre , settle in meet others and have a sociable evening over tea and coffee or a pay a visit to one of the local pubs.
- Saturday: White Water Rafting on the river Spey or Findhorn or Canoeing on Loch Morlich
- Sunday: Rock climbing and Abseiling at Kingussie crag or Gorge scrambling at the fantastic Truim Falls..
A hub for outdoor adventure activities, Cairngorms Adventure Centre not only provides families with adventure activity outdoor holidays (in the Aviemore & Cairngorms area), days and snowsports breaks but is home to worldwide recognised Instructor Training Courses and adventure journeys taking you across Scotland by foot, bike and boat.
The Cairngorms Adventure Centre sleeps up to 77 people over two floors. The centre has a large dining room for catering groups along with social lounges for reviews, relaxing and self reflection time.