Snowsports Rental T&Cs
Hire Terms and Conditions
I agree to rent the equipment under the following terms and conditions,
- If conditions on the mountain are such that the hill is closed or opens late, there will be no refunds on equipment hired.
- I understand and agree that skiing, snowboarding and similar wintersports activities are hazardous activities and have inherent risks no matter how careful I may be and I freely accept and assume all risks of injury or death that may occur while using this equipment.
- Active advise beginners to book a lesson with our ski school or a qualified instructor and to familiarise themselves with the ski area and run grading system
- I understand that piste conditions change regularly due to changing weather and snow conditions, grooming, lift operations and other participants. I understand that ice, rocks, debris, bare spots, natural and man-made objects can be found on the trails and can be difficult to see, I agree to take full responsibility to participate in snowsports in such conditions.
- I agree to be responsible for the equipment listed on this/these forms and accept it is in good condition. I will return it in clean, undamaged condition to the place I rented it, at or before the end of the rental period. I agree to pay for any equipment that gets lost, stolen or damaged. Active Outdoor Pursuits will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense resulting from any unforeseen circumstances out of our control.
- I understand that the adjustment of the bindings should be performed by rental shop personnel only. I will notify the rental shop if the bindings become damaged or I have any difficulty using the rental bindings or boots.
- I understand and agree that ski bindings are set based on a skier’s age, height, weight and skier type. I have supplied this information accurately on the form. I understand and agree that unwanted binding release or retention is an inherent risk of using any ski boot binding system and the system cannot guarantee the users safety.
- I understand that the snowboard boot binding system and the blade boot binding system is a non-release system and does not reduce the risk of injuries.
- I understand and agree that a helmet cannot guard against all impacts and head injuries. The greater the speed the less a helmet can do. I understand that a helmet does not reduce the risk of injuries to the neck, spine or other parts of the body at all.
- I accept the responsibility for myself and the person I am signing for and assume all risks associated with the rental of this equipment.
- Snowboard leashes will be provided and must be worn
- Please ensure you are aware of the skiers code – copies are up in the shop, please make sure you adhere to the code for your safety as well as the safety of others.
- I understand that I must return the equipment on the day agreed within shop opening hours, if I do not do so I agree that I will be charged for another full days rental and if I fail to return the equipment the next morning I agree to my card being charged for the cost of the equipment and am aware that the police will be informed.
- We want you to enjoy your experience in the outdoors to its fullest, if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided by Active Outdoor Pursuits, please inform us as soon as possible and we will take the appropriate action.