Active's canoe introduction days are designed to inspire and motivate you to take up canoeing as a hobby. These fun days will develop your boat handling skills which includes different paddle strokes and manoeuvres. This will then allow you to control of your canoe and set out on a journey, possibly down an easy stretch of river.
Introductory days are suitable for complete beginners and those with experience. Courses are available across Scotland and also from Active Aviemore & Craigower Lodge Outdoor Centre.
Family Deal! - Book 1 activity day & children go free on day 2
||Aviemore & Cairngorms NP - Loch Morlich Loch Insh, River Spey etc.
- All equipment
- Transport from Aviemore & Newtonmore area.
|Meeting place & time
Meet at Active Aviemore or Craigower Lodge
- Morning 9.30 - 12.30
- Afternoon 1.30 - 4.30
- Full Day 9.30 - 4pm
|What to bring
- Spare shoes
- Packed Lunch
- Pick up from your accommodation may be possible - please ask
- 2 Day & multi activity courses
- Other locations throughout Scotland for groups
- You may also be interested in: Open Canoe Journeys
- Pre activity Breakfast @ The Cafaidh £7 & £4 children 8-9am
- Packed Lunch £6.50 Children £4.50
- Breakfast & Afternoon lunch at the Active Cafaidh.
- Transport may be available from other towns.
- Your photos & videos on a disc £8
- Customer discounts in the Active Cafaidh & our outdoor equipment shop